Included in the plan
-Private Charter Flight: Mitú - Buenos Aires - Mitú
-Breakfasts, lunches, and dinners within the expedition from Mitú
- Sailing motor boat for 5 days.
- Petrol for the navigation boat.
- Contributions to the elders and Payés (shamans)
- Permits and fees for nights of accommodation in the communities of Morroco and Buenos Aires.
- One-night accommodation in a basic hotel in Mitu.
- Expedition Tour Leader
- 2 local guides throughout the Apaporis expedition
- Permits and entry fees for the hike to the sacred Cerros de Morroco and its cave paintings.
- A cook and fisherman for days 2 and 3 of the expedition.
- Contributions and permits for the visit to the Chagra (orchard)
- Contributions and permits for the Yuruparí Ancestral Dance.
- Transfer from the Mitú airport to the Hotel round trip.
- Hike with a local guide to Cerro Urania in Mitú.
- $1,500,000 COP (340 USD aprox) in gifts for the entire community
- Medical Assistance Insurance (not covered in Apaporis. Only in Mitú)
- Life jackets for all the river navigations.
- Air ticket Bogotá - Mitú - Bogotá for Tour Leader.
- Logistics and operation of the entire expedition.
To reserve it is necessary to fill out the Application Form. It is a tool that allows the right people to reach the sacred territories of ancient indigenous cultures.
Not included in the plan
-Airfares with Satena: Bogotá - Mitú - Bogotá (between $600,000 and $900,000 COP, $130 and $210 USD)
- Tourist tax in Mitu $33,000 COP ($8 USD)
-Expenses not stipulated in the included plan
-Airport taxes. ($20,000 COP / $5 USD Approximately)
-Surcharges for delays in flights or itinerary changes that are out of the control of Colombia Oculta.
-Tents, hammocks, mosquito nets, inflatable camping mattress, blankets, sheets.
-Personal food utensils (bowl, cup, personal cutlery)
-In case of being forced to do an air rescue by plane or helicopter (which is not covered by travel insurance) and if the agency team evaluates and decides to call this or any type of rescue, it will be done, even without the patient consent. The user or their relatives must assume the expenses incurred in said rescue. Let's hope it never happens ;)
Additional services that can be acquired
-Satellite phone rental
-Air rescue insurance
-Issuance of air ticket: Bogotá - Mitú – Bogotá
Follow the tour guide's recommendations, meet the schedules of the itineraries, and on the trip forget about everyday life and let yourself be impregnated by the natural beauty of the place. Connect your mind with the place and ask Mother Nature for permission beforehand to be in these sacred temples. Do not pick up stones or take them with you, as they can alter the spiritual environment of the place. Walk quietly and carry:
-A change of clothes to travel on flights and land trips.
-A change of clothes for walking (long pants that become shorts, a long-sleeved shirt or t-shirt, tennis shoes or walking boots, river sandals)
-Change of clothes for sleeping (cozy and warm).
-Personal hygiene items. (Toilet paper, soap, toothpaste etc)
-If you are a vegetarian/vegan, bring your own food for us to prepare there.
-Binoculars if you want to see birds. In Mitú we are going to look for the Guianan cock-of-the-rock (Rupicola rupicola). We need to walk in silence.
- A form of official ID
- Sunscreen, natural without chemicals. Or don't use.
-Insect repellent. (We recommend start taking thiamine a couple of weeks before the trip) (abundant)
-Flashlight and a spare set of batteries.
-Solar powerbank (preferably to charge your camera and cell phone batteries)
-Ziploc bags of various sizes to pack electronic elements.
-Everything packed in plastic bags
-Personal food utensils: Bowl and a plastic cup. Spoon, fork, and knife.
-Water purifying filter or purifying tablets. (Optional, we give you boiled water)
-No camouflaged element (cloths, caps, blankets …)
-The nights are spent in native houses. You will sleep on a camping mattress, a tent or a hammock (recommended).
-Personal waterproof dome-type tent that does not need to be stake to the ground. (This is if it is difficult for you to sleep in a hammock)
-camping or light mattress (for those who prefer to not sleep in a hammock).
-Sleeping bag for 15°C or colder (small compact)
-Be vaccinated against yellow fever and tetanus. (It is not mandatory, we only suggest it)
-35 Lt hands-free backpack for walks and hopefully everything is stored in this backpack.
-In terms of safety, together with the local and environmental authorities, we coordinate with the National Army the permits and the places that can be visited for the tranquility of the visitor.
-The average temperature is 30 degrees centigrade and can reach 35 degrees with high humidity.
-Some routes are carried out on unmarked trails. It is important to wear shoes with good grip and, if possible, a cane.
-Bathrooms are wooden rooms with septic tanks within the communities and in open nature when we are in the mountains.
-Take thiamine 15 days before to prevent mosquito bites.
-Gifts for the communities. IT'S NOT MANDATORY. ONLY IF IT IS BORN FROM THE BOTTOM OF YOUR HEART: school supplies, notebooks, colors, paints, children's stories, fishing nylon, hooks, rubber boots, clothing for children and adults, flashlights or solar energy lamps, etc.
-The community (isolated tribe) lacks some specific elements that can be taken from Bogotá. If we ask them ahead of time, they can tell us their needs and maybe we can bring them those things they need. This is not required.
No Show and Cancellation Policies
1. To cancel the trip, it must be done 5 days prior to the departure date, 90% of the deposit will be returned, less the previously established deductions or penalties that the suppliers make, when the services are not used. This return will be made within 30 calendar days from the date on which the cancellation is made. If it is not canceled 5 days in advance, the money will not be returned.
2. In case of no show of the client to the trip, the money will not be returned.
3. In the event that the user of the touristic services fails to comply by not using the agreed services, whatever the cause, the Agency may demand, at its option, the payment of 20% of the total price or established rate or retain the deposit or payment advance previously received from the client.
4. In fortuitous cases (climatic changes, natural disasters, landslides, mishaps in air, land or river transport) in which the trip has to be canceled, Colombia Oculta will return 90% of the Reserve deposit.
See Terms and Conditions of Colombia Oculta SAS.