Villapienzon: Birthplace of the Bogota River
At the moorlands of the Guacheneque, near the city of Villapinzón, we find the Valley of the Lakes (Valle de las Lagunas), where the Bogotá river is born. This is a mystic place of the andean plateau full of ancestral legends and magical Muiscan rituals. From this point, the purest waters spread fertilizing the Earth and giving life to its surroundings. A very touching encounter that can tap into the sensibility and consciousness of anyone to notice the complexity and delicacy that the moorland ecosystem poses.
Duration: 1 day
We hike to the Valley of the Lakes crossing through the moorland (páramo) during 3 hours of a relatively flat terrain with moderate slopes. Then we'll go by bus until Salto de Nutria, which takes an hour to explore.
Hiking Level: medium
Cost per person: $55.000
Dates: May 13
You can also book this trip all year round by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Private terrestrial transportation
- Deposit to Banco de Bogotá. Cuenta de Ahorros # 08328202-0 to the name of Colombia Oculta Ltda.
- Send via mail ( email@example.com ) or fax 2405079 copy of deposit slip with name, id # or passport # and age.
MEETING POINT: Bahia of the Olimpica Supermarket (cra 7 / cll 82)
MEETING TIME: 6:30 AM
DEPARTURE TIME: 7:00 AM
RETURN TIME: 5:00 PM
Bring your medication if you are under treatment.
Bring proper cold for cold climate hiking and a change of clothes (sweatpants and tennis), energy snacks, trash bags, water and sunblock.
- No yelling or altering the peacefulness of the place
- Limit your talking
- Respect for the people that live nearby
- No alcohol drinking
- Don't bother or capture the wildlife
- No recollecting plants
- No writing or carving on trees
- Don't leave trash behind
- During the hike no radios, cel phones, walkmans, beepers, discmans, etc.
- Use a backpack that allow you to be hands free
- No weapons
- We will be traveling in group so mind those who are slow
- Pay attention the indications of the guides and make you to inform them if you have a special health condition.